On the Go

My photo
Saddle Brook, Northern New Jersey, United States
I have been a runner since the Sixth grade when I joined my Intermediate School's Cross Country Team. That was 28 years ago. I'm not fast, but I do enjoy the motion and scenery of the courses I travel. I do race and finish somewhere with the mid-packers. In 1996 I did my first Marathon, Bermuda with the Leukemia Society's Team In Training group. Now I try to do at least one marathon a year with a few exceptions. The best thing about running for me is how it makes me feel. I feel great getting out there, inventing new courses,the sites,sounds,and smells,pushing yourself further than the time before, makes me so alive.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mid- way point of training, Rest week

RUNNING LOG

DATE

DAY

DISTANCE

COURSE NAME

TIME

SHOE

2/1/2009

SUNDAY

2.50

Berkshire

0:40:00

COMMENTS

2x1.2 mile walk to a friend's Superbowl house party and back. We also had a little sprint at half-time and then at the end of the game. My running partner and I did 100 yd dash and another friend did 50 yds. The goal was to catch her at the other "goal post". We did

2/2/2009

MONDAY

4.63

Post Office

0:40:00

2130

COMMENTS

A very nice day today. Probably made it to the 50's and sunny out. I was able to wear shorts and a long-T and was very comfortable.

2/3/2009

TUESDAY

13.00

stationary bike

0:31:57

none

COMMENTS

too snowy and icey to go out.

2/4/2009

WEDNESDAY

4.48

SRCP-SB/RP

0:42:24

XT

COMMENTS

Just a day in the Park. Looks like they had plowed at least once and going for the second time. The park was also salted/sanded. Much better than most of the side streets at this time. Temperture in the 20's, very sunny and blinding in some parts, no wind.

2/5/2009

THURSDAY

7.20

Hackensack to "H" st

0:56:00

DS

COMMENTS

My goal was to make this run a tempo run of under 8:30 pace. I'm not sure how I did because my forerunner conked out. It was very cold out but sunny. 13F I wore tights. Technical long sleeve, wool hat, bandanna , mit/gloves,spandex jacket.

2/6/2009

FRIDAY

0.00

off

COMMENTS

2/7/2009

SATURDAY

6.30

Garfield

0:56:38

2130

COMMENTS

Very cold morning, 18F run. Broke all the rules. I wore all cotton clothing, was soaked by the time I finished the run and was starting to get chilled to the bone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, great to see you that you have a blog going. I use www.buckeyeoutdoors.com for loggining in my runs as well, I hope all well. The New Year is coming along great. The running is finally improving, if you read my blog you'll get idea of what happened last year in 10/08 couldn't do my 1/2 marathon. Happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete

My Useful Links

eastbay.com Championcatalog.com eSportsonline - 15% Off Plus Free Shipping with Flyer Code L1 Shop at Modell's Shop at Modell's mypypeline.com Prep Sportswear LinkShare  Referral  Prg LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! 15% off any Purchase at GNC.com Vitamin World Buy And Walk GSI Commerce- FogDog Sports FogDog Sports running shoes & apparel 250x250 ExplosiveSq Pop-up

Followers