On the Go

My photo
Saddle Brook, Northern New Jersey, United States
I have been a runner since the Sixth grade when I joined my Intermediate School's Cross Country Team. That was 28 years ago. I'm not fast, but I do enjoy the motion and scenery of the courses I travel. I do race and finish somewhere with the mid-packers. In 1996 I did my first Marathon, Bermuda with the Leukemia Society's Team In Training group. Now I try to do at least one marathon a year with a few exceptions. The best thing about running for me is how it makes me feel. I feel great getting out there, inventing new courses,the sites,sounds,and smells,pushing yourself further than the time before, makes me so alive.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The SHAMROCK Marathon 2009 Race report

My goal for this race has many folds...
1) To not walk, because if I walk that means I'm hurting and will not be able to complete the other folds.
2) Do better than my previous marathons- Well I'm proud to say that the last 12 weeks of training paid off!
3) Go under 4hours
4) Go under 3:50
5) Have fun, meet and talk to others on the course and encourage those around me to do the same.
My misssion was a success! Thanks of course to my best friend and running partner, Nick for 25 years of running through life together and for Bob & Anne, Stacey, Micheal, TK, Paul, a terrific core group that kept things interesting during the miles. Also much thanks to the people I met after the race was over and the post party began! Dancing, Smiling, talking... Sergio,Patrick, Sheryl, the Pilates Ladies, Steve, Montreal Man, ... remember I'm the guy with the yellow hat, red & black shirt
Update from Shamrock Marathon, Virginia Beach March 23 2009. Fantastic time! The weather coopporated fully, started around 38 F ended around 55 F sunny but I was prepared with my cap on, gloves, and shades, met a great bunch of folks on the course that stood together for about 80% of the race. Post race part was also very good. Lots of Beer (Yueling) Lots of Irish Stew and lots of music (two live bands and DJ) for all to enjoy and dance to. here is a link to my results .
Anthony Borsella (BIB #1052) http://results.active.com/pages/searchform.jsp?posted_p=t&numPerPage=25&page=20&am p;rsID=75881&eventClass=Runner&queryType=division
ROCK ON !!!!
Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Useful Links

eastbay.com Championcatalog.com eSportsonline - 15% Off Plus Free Shipping with Flyer Code L1 Shop at Modell's Shop at Modell's mypypeline.com Prep Sportswear LinkShare  Referral  Prg LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! 15% off any Purchase at GNC.com Vitamin World Buy And Walk GSI Commerce- FogDog Sports FogDog Sports running shoes & apparel 250x250 ExplosiveSq Pop-up

Followers