On the Go

My photo
Saddle Brook, Northern New Jersey, United States
I have been a runner since the Sixth grade when I joined my Intermediate School's Cross Country Team. That was 28 years ago. I'm not fast, but I do enjoy the motion and scenery of the courses I travel. I do race and finish somewhere with the mid-packers. In 1996 I did my first Marathon, Bermuda with the Leukemia Society's Team In Training group. Now I try to do at least one marathon a year with a few exceptions. The best thing about running for me is how it makes me feel. I feel great getting out there, inventing new courses,the sites,sounds,and smells,pushing yourself further than the time before, makes me so alive.

Monday, March 9, 2009

Week 10: March1-7, 2009 Shamrock Marathon training

RUNNING LOG
DATEDAYDISTANCECOURSE NAMETIMESHOE
3/1/2009SUNDAY2.00St Philip's RC Church0:35:00none
COMMENTSearly morning walk to church and back
3/2/2009MONDAY0.00off
COMMENTSToo cold and snowy to get outside.
3/3/2009TUESDAY13.00Stationary Bike0:30:00none
COMMENTSWhile watching NCIS, I was keeping up an average cadence of about 26 MPH. Road and weather conditions still not safe.
3/4/2009WEDNESDAY3.05Broadway0:25:392130
COMMENTSExtremely cold in the AM.After work I hit Blue Water Divers. I picked up a lycra dive skin.Then I ran in it that night. The leg part felt just like running tights and even gave my legs a little spring!. The chest area feels a bit tight, but I did have full range of motion.
3/5/2009THURSDAY0.00off
COMMENTS
3/6/2009FRIDAY5.60Mikes House0:48:00DS
COMMENTSRan at night because I was up late last night, had a game night at Brad's house in Wayne.Dropped off mail to my brother Mike. Wore shorts and long t. Clear bright moon lit night in the mid 50's.All the smells from the dinners being cooked, made agreat run!
3/7/2009SATURDAY19.83SRCP and extentions2:58:11XT
COMMENTSBasically the same course as last week, but when we got to the Glen Rock Pond we left the park, made a right onto Grove, right on Maple, and another right on Ridgewood Ave then entered the park again. I felt much better today, less fatigued than last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Useful Links

eastbay.com Championcatalog.com eSportsonline - 15% Off Plus Free Shipping with Flyer Code L1 Shop at Modell's Shop at Modell's mypypeline.com Prep Sportswear LinkShare  Referral  Prg LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! 15% off any Purchase at GNC.com Vitamin World Buy And Walk GSI Commerce- FogDog Sports FogDog Sports running shoes & apparel 250x250 ExplosiveSq Pop-up

Followers