On the Go

My photo
Saddle Brook, Northern New Jersey, United States
I have been a runner since the Sixth grade when I joined my Intermediate School's Cross Country Team. That was 28 years ago. I'm not fast, but I do enjoy the motion and scenery of the courses I travel. I do race and finish somewhere with the mid-packers. In 1996 I did my first Marathon, Bermuda with the Leukemia Society's Team In Training group. Now I try to do at least one marathon a year with a few exceptions. The best thing about running for me is how it makes me feel. I feel great getting out there, inventing new courses,the sites,sounds,and smells,pushing yourself further than the time before, makes me so alive.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Week 11: Shamrock Marathon, 3/1-3/14/2009

RUNNING LOG
DATEDAYDISTANCECOURSE NAMETIMESHOE
3/8/2009SUNDAY0.00off
COMMENTS
3/9/2009MONDAY7.44Hackensack1:05:22DS
COMMENTSInstead of staying on Passaic St I turned on Oak to Thoma, Popular, Maple Ln and back up Thoma to Wilheilm, Past the pool to Central. It was a damp 50F and some wind. I was able to wear shorts but still needed long-T and hat.The start of the taper phase of training.
3/10/2009TUESDAY7.09Fairlawn0:57:18Addias
COMMENTSTempo run of 5 miles with one mile warm up and one mile cool down. Goal was to be at 7:37 pace. Actually ran it slower, about 7:45-8:00 min pace because of the hills, pot holes and darkness running at 6 am.
3/11/2009WEDNESDAY0.00off
COMMENTS
3/12/2009THURSDAY5.06Allendale/ Ramsey0:41:49XT
COMMENTSRan after work on a new corse. Allendale Rd, Right on to Myrtle, Right on W. Crescent, Right on Ivers, then a Right on Franlin Tnpk. Entered the Celery Farm loop, and returned back as normal.
3/13/2009FRIADAY10.10stationary bike0:23:47none
COMMENTSJust enough to loosen up a bit
3/14/2009SATURDAY6.20Maywood0:52:082130
COMMENTSI was supposed to do 8 but I was a bit lazy getting up in the morning. Cut it short to get to work on time.Fell during the run, scraped up my left knee pretty bad. Now it's a little tight.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on your training keep it up!!! I was wonder where you have been hiding

    ReplyDelete

My Useful Links

eastbay.com Championcatalog.com eSportsonline - 15% Off Plus Free Shipping with Flyer Code L1 Shop at Modell's Shop at Modell's mypypeline.com Prep Sportswear LinkShare  Referral  Prg LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! 15% off any Purchase at GNC.com Vitamin World Buy And Walk GSI Commerce- FogDog Sports FogDog Sports running shoes & apparel 250x250 ExplosiveSq Pop-up

Followers