On the Go

My photo
Saddle Brook, Northern New Jersey, United States
I have been a runner since the Sixth grade when I joined my Intermediate School's Cross Country Team. That was 28 years ago. I'm not fast, but I do enjoy the motion and scenery of the courses I travel. I do race and finish somewhere with the mid-packers. In 1996 I did my first Marathon, Bermuda with the Leukemia Society's Team In Training group. Now I try to do at least one marathon a year with a few exceptions. The best thing about running for me is how it makes me feel. I feel great getting out there, inventing new courses,the sites,sounds,and smells,pushing yourself further than the time before, makes me so alive.

Monday, January 5, 2009

As you may have noticed, I signed up for the Shamrock Marathon in Virgina Beach to be held on March 22, 2009. That will give me only about 12 weeks of training. Hopefully that will be enough since I think i have a good base going into this training period. I just hope that we don't get too many below freezing and windy days this winter. They make it so hard to do the long runs. My running partner and I decided to do this particular marathon because we did not run one in 2008 because of family reasons. So we wanted to pick an early 2009 race that would be kind of special, since we are celebrating 25 years of running together. I am using a training schedule made from Smart Coach on runnersworld.com as my guide for my training. I will keep you posted on the process and progress.
Custom Search

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Useful Links

eastbay.com Championcatalog.com eSportsonline - 15% Off Plus Free Shipping with Flyer Code L1 Shop at Modell's Shop at Modell's mypypeline.com Prep Sportswear LinkShare  Referral  Prg LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! 15% off any Purchase at GNC.com Vitamin World Buy And Walk GSI Commerce- FogDog Sports FogDog Sports running shoes & apparel 250x250 ExplosiveSq Pop-up

Followers