On the Go

My photo
Saddle Brook, Northern New Jersey, United States
I have been a runner since the Sixth grade when I joined my Intermediate School's Cross Country Team. That was 28 years ago. I'm not fast, but I do enjoy the motion and scenery of the courses I travel. I do race and finish somewhere with the mid-packers. In 1996 I did my first Marathon, Bermuda with the Leukemia Society's Team In Training group. Now I try to do at least one marathon a year with a few exceptions. The best thing about running for me is how it makes me feel. I feel great getting out there, inventing new courses,the sites,sounds,and smells,pushing yourself further than the time before, makes me so alive.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Custom Search
Just finished week two of training and this week's key runs included a 3x1600 track workout between 6:48-6:58 pace on Tuesday. Thursday was a 6 miler at 9:07 pace. then luckily I beat the snow and was able to get the 14 miler in about 2:14. The other days are easy runs of 4 miles or crosstraining elements or rest. The full weekly report will follow later this evening. Getting back to the long run, it was very cold about 22F but not much wind. I wore Long Johns (not cotton!), another "double" layered shirt, hat wiith mask, gloves, carried my water in a camelback Gobe (hint: place the Gobe Under outer layered tops and run tubing through the sleeve of the shirt, keeps the water warm enough from freezing in the tube),and also had one clifshot gel, cola flavor. I also had fun on this run because I took my running partner on a geocaching adventure. We didn't find the "treasure" but it did give us a new course to follow and another area to explore for another day. Who ever thought there were wooded trails in Wallington, NJ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Useful Links

eastbay.com Championcatalog.com eSportsonline - 15% Off Plus Free Shipping with Flyer Code L1 Shop at Modell's Shop at Modell's mypypeline.com Prep Sportswear LinkShare  Referral  Prg LabelDaddy.com ... Label the things you love !! 15% off any Purchase at GNC.com Vitamin World Buy And Walk GSI Commerce- FogDog Sports FogDog Sports running shoes & apparel 250x250 ExplosiveSq Pop-up

Followers